- One teaspoon of chile powder contains your daily requirements of Vitamin A.
- Chile peppers increase the enzymes responsible for fat metabolism in the liver.
- One green chile pod has as much Vitamin C as 6 oranges.
- Other beneficial nutrients found in chile are fiber, iron, and potassium.
- Chile peppers help us burn calories by triggering a thermodynamic burn that can last up to 5 hours after eating.
- Red chile peppers have been shown to reduce blood cholesterol, triglyceride levels, and platelet aggregation (the formation of blood clots).
- Chile peppers help prevent stomach ulcers by killing ingested bacteria and stimulating cells in the stomach lining to secrete protective buffering juices.
- If consumed, chile peppers can cause clearing of the sinuses in many people.
*Source: Chile Pepper Institute-New Mexico State University